Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

2 posters

GM Application - Hasshoudou

Applications

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

GM Application - Hasshoudou Empty GM Application - Hasshoudou

Post by Applications Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:13 am

Name: Hasshoudou

IGN Would Be: Subrosian

Understand of Coding: Unfortunately none, but I'm perfectly willing to try and learn it. I've taken some computer programming classes, but I have a horrendous memory for crap I can't understand. I just need a better teacher. *shrugs*

Extra Languages: I took two years of French and I know some Japanese as well as my common tongue, English.

How Long Have You Played Maple: Well, I don't remember the Version, but I know when I first started, they had not even done the First Anniversary Events or whatever.

Why Should I choose You: Well I can't say "because I'm a perfect candidate," considering I don't have knowledge of coding. However, I like to consider myself and knowledgeable and reasonable person who can understand logic and common sense. I'm good at taking on certain leadership qualities that will help to run things smoothly. Upon playing other Private Servers after leaving FizzyMS, I have seen how certain GMs act and how players act towards them. Many many players beg on a constant basis for free NX, Events, Mesos, and all sorts of other crap. I know there is a line to draw between how much rope we give them and what we're supposed to do for them. I would keep an effective balance between the GM-player relationship and probably would only do Events when I deemed them necessary. If you do too many Events, then it'll become like an intoxicating drug to them and they'll always want more, so a balance must be found. I will work my hardest to find that balance. As for hackers go, I see hackers everywhere on other Private Servers and I know how to handle things efficiently to get a GM to my location or online while keeping the hacker from trying to run off. I react quickly to the situation at hand in order to apprehend a perpetrator of such actions. I'm also active during every second of my free time and would be online as much as possible outside of work and school, so if you're ever concerned about needing a GM online, I can probably pick up the slack for other GMs if they're not present. I'm also a fast hands-on worker and learner.

Why Do You want to Be a GM: I want to broaden my horizons in a learning experience and show my full support for LlamaMS so that it will be the best that it can be. It is the most I can offer and the main reason I want to become a GM for your Server.

How Can You Improve The Server: My level of activity would keep people optimistic about the existence of GMs so that they won't have any reason to complain that we are not active enough. I will do my best to keep hackers out of the server and enforce the rules necessary while using a gentle hand with the other legitimate players that need assistance with any of their problems. And naturally, since I work, I can offer up donations to help keep the server running. I have no issues with doing that if it means keeping a great server running smoothly.

Time Online Daily: Unless I'm working, I am constantly online and will stay online almost the entire day, even if I'm at school. I've been known to stay awake until 5:00am some days when waking up around 10:00am-12:00pm. I am a human and need sleep however, so I won't be online 24/7, but a good majority of my day is spent on the computer or near a computer.

Past Experiences: I played Global Maple for a long time before I quit it entirely, several Private Servers and have seen GMs in action and made a lot of friends with them when I could to try and learn things from them. I don't have a mastery over GM commands or anything of that sort because they can't be giving out that information to non-GMs, but I know how a GM should act in a Private Server.

Time Zone: I don't know the GMT or whatever, but I live in Hawaii, which is usually three hours difference from West Coast mainlanders (or two hours if it's DST) six hours difference from East Coast mainlanders (or five hours if it's DST) and is twelve or more for other countries (it's a twelve hour difference between Hawaii and England.)

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my application.

~Hasshoudou
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

GM Application - Hasshoudou Empty Re: GM Application - Hasshoudou

Post by Brad Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:31 am

Everything seems to be in check. Locking to prevent tampering.

Good Luck.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:13 pm