Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

2 posters

GM Application - Mikayla

Applications

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-12-07

GM Application - Mikayla Empty GM Application - Mikayla

Post by Applications Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:54 pm

Name: Mikayla

IGN Would Be:
    *It will be my real name so people don’t have to call me “GM” all the time.. Since this is supposedly an “anonymous” application, I guess I can’t put my name up there!*

Understand of Coding:
    You’re not looking for a graphics/web designer… Anyway, for future references, I am capable of using MySQL and PHP scripts. Not to mention Adobe Photoshop. ;D

Extra Languages: English, Cantonese, Japanese (3 years)

How Long Have You Played Maple: Since the end of Global MS’ beta.

Why Should I choose You:
    I like helping people, unless it’s giving almost all of my mesos and equipment to a beggar. Like every other stereotypical GM candidate, I truly am, and will say, that I am mature and responsible – I never lost my temper with even the most annoying players. I’m friendly with everybody, but I do not add friends easily, so it’s hard for me to be biased during GM-hosted events. I don’t see the point in in-game drama, so I don’t partake in any arguments, especially through smegas. I have good communication skills and am willing to cooperate and collaborate with other GM's.

Why Do You Want to Be a GM:
    As one of the leaders, I hope to set a good example for other players in that I try to make the game more collectively enjoyable rather than for self-interests. I will ban hackers so all (non-hacking) players can train fairly. I will ban consistent and intentional KSers so that all players can learn to share the maps and enjoy their playing times more. I will host events so that players can interact with other players more instead of with monsters. Besides, it’s always fun to see the creativity of players in NX events, or even off-game events (on the forum).

How Can You Improve The Server:
    Even though a stable and lag-free server is out of my control, I want all players to have fun experiences from playing this server (please read “Why Do You Want to Be a GM” above). Besides offering my opinions and suggestions on game-related topics, we should also consider (not necessarily follow) other players’ opinions and suggestions through polls and posts on the forums. If the majority of the players like our server, than they will tell their friends from other servers to come and try out our server; our votes will also increase naturally! =]

Time Online Daily:
    Mondays-Thursdays: Late night, for 2-4 hours depending on homework&study load. I usually go to bed around 12AM or 1AM.. So I guess I can catch hackers who bot while they sleep, right?
    Fridays: 1 hour or less around 4PM, and occasionally 10:30PM. (I lead my church fellowship and its worship team.)
    Saturdays-Sundays: Any time after 1PM. My play time really depends on my homework load. I usually get at least 3 hours of solid game time per day though, since I procrastinate a lot.. =P

Past Experiences: Honestly, I have never been a GM before, but I am a quick learner and have played many private servers. I have seen how normal players and GM’s interact with one another and I’ve participated in events to generalize most of a GM’s responsibilities. =]

Time Zone: PST (I’m in California.)
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

GM Application - Mikayla Empty Re: GM Application - Mikayla

Post by Snorki Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:03 pm