Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

5 posters

Epic War 2 Review

Poll

Rating

[ 2 ]
    Epic War 2 Review Bar_left50%Epic War 2 Review Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Epic War 2 Review Bar_left0%Epic War 2 Review Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Epic War 2 Review Bar_left25%Epic War 2 Review Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Epic War 2 Review Bar_left25%Epic War 2 Review Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    F4T4LFL4W
    F4T4LFL4W
    WoW GameMaster

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Coding in BASIC
    Humor : Chocolate Rain
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Epic War 2 Review Empty Epic War 2 Review

Post by F4T4LFL4W Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Epic War 2
    Epic War 2 Review Ew2icon8735005fo6
    CLICK TO PLAY

Overview
    Epic War 2 is a action wave flash game produced by rudy_sudarto (Dont flame me if I'm wrong). When you first enter the game it will play some back story which I personally dont care about in a flash game so I just skipped through it. You choose your level and you start. It took me a while to get used to the controls by using the arrow keys and A but got used to it. But when I did man did it feel good. Some of these types of games that I have played have made me use the mouse to control the camera and that was a bitch. One thing that I found weird was that you shot two arrows instead of one. The reason? I really dont know and it looks kind of stupid in my opinion. When it comes to graphical horse power, it doesnt push the limit of anything. It is passable but just barely. The last gripe I have is that I have played alot of games exactly the same as this. It would have been cool to have a upgradeable tower and instead of a giant crossbow as your main attacks you control a foot solider. Other then those things it is a good game.

Ratings

Presentation- 50/100
    Well I can name quite a few flash games that look alot better then this one and quite a few that look quite a bit worse. I wish they spent a few more days on bettering the graphics so it wouldnt be just so average

Controls- 95/100
    When it comes to controls they nailed it! The only thing I wish as that you could use the space bar to shoot but other then it is awesome!

Music- 80/100
    I really like the music in this game. It is a sort of epic sound that you need when playing a game like this. Not much else to say about it. I dont find myself humming it during my day though.

Originality- 50/100
    This sort of tower and a giant bow idea has been done too many times and needs to stop.

Conclusion- 275/400 or 6.8/10

AHHHHHHH. It is such a mediocre game and it feels like dejavu when I am playing it. I am gonna say skip it unless you like games with giant bows. I personally dont, do you?
    F4T4LFL4W
    F4T4LFL4W
    WoW GameMaster

Male

Epic War 2 Review Empty Re: Epic War 2 Review

Post by F4T4LFL4W Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Please i made this late last night so dont flame me. Instead just tell me what I need to improve on. And next time I'll try my hand at a PC or Console game.
    John
    John

Male
    Number of posts : 394
    Job/hobbies : Fftalk.
    Humor : Funny stuff :D
    FFT Points : 348
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

Post by John Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:18 am

I think this one is better than the other review. I didnt read it but i would rate them out of 10 or just leave the conclusion at 10 not 400.
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post by Snorki Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:48 am

Cool, I'm gonna try it. Epic War 2 Review 427289
    Dancing Mad
    Dancing Mad

Male
    Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Dancing Mad Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:47 am

Still highly amateurish. The writing itself lacks articulation and thats probably due to a lack of effort. If you only took you one night to review something, then you obviously didn't do a good job.

First issue. Don't break up the review into different subsections. A piece of writing is a lot more powerful when it's one consistent, coherent work. What you have is a bunch of loose, disconnected statements of a vague nature. There are times when you can break a review into a list, but that is more of an exception that proves the rule, and even still when it happens it is usually made for comedic effect (not due to breaking the parts of the game apart like this).

Another problem is the level of subjectivity in the review, DON'T DO IT. One of the first things you learn about writing is to NOT USE "I"--it alienates you from your audience. The same goes for "you." You have to retain a level of objectivity, its a given that no matter what this is your personal opinion, but bias should be removed as thoroughly as possible. "I" can be used, again in mostly comedic situations, but you need to generally avoid the "I think" and "I like" sort of sentences.

Thirdly, your sections start abruptly. There is no real introduction. JUST BAM SYNOPSIS. String your thoughts together coherently and intellectually. Your review also suffers from a very tired and redundant "and then...and then...and then" sort of thing. Also, abolish the 400 score entirely, it's useless. The broadness is unneeded. What is the real difference between a 390 and 391? Nothing. Even between a 370 and a 390, it's hardly distinguishable. I prefer using a five-point scale for it's precise nature, but a ten-point system is just fine. A lot of people (and publications like EGM and the extinct GameNOW) use a letter grade system. Which is something we can all relate to. If you like the 100-point system that much, use letters, just keep the arbitrary percentage to yourself.

I'll be perfectly blunt, your review is pretty rubbish, has no sense of humor (which isn't always necessary, but a review like this could need it), and lacks articulate insight into the (rather esoteric) game. However, on a positive note, your current mistakes are all amateurish ones that are fixed with effort and experience. I recommend reading in general, to expand your vocabulary, but furthermore to look into this sort of journalism period. Whether it be music, video games, or movies; you can only benefit. I recommend taking a drop by 1Up.com to learn the ropes of this sort of writing. I don't know how serious you are about this stuff, but I imagine you'd have some intention of improving. Your work shows a lot about who you are, so present yourself well.

P.S. On a final note, I'd like to re-iterate (read: beg) that you SPEND MORE TIME on a review. I know when I do one it can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.
    Gingyking5000
    Gingyking5000
    WoW GameMaster

Male
    Number of posts : 115
    Job/hobbies : LlamaWoW GM
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by Gingyking5000 Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:03 am

lol, pritty good Derek.
    F4T4LFL4W
    F4T4LFL4W
    WoW GameMaster

Male

Post by F4T4LFL4W Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:18 am

hey man dont worry I just made this one last night really quickly. Im not expecting it to be great.
    Dancing Mad
    Dancing Mad

Male
    Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Dancing Mad Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 am

Thats exactly my point, it's terrible and lazy. I can't believe this board is eating it up. Epic War 2 Review 681348 I was writing like this when I was ten.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:55 am