Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

+4
Artist
WenJie
Justyna
Hasshoudou
8 posters

What Private Servers should not do

Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male
    Number of posts : 441
    Job/hobbies : Writer Extraordinaire
    Humor : Too what? Too what? Your spoon's too what?
    FFT Points : 9001
    Rep : 4
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

What Private Servers should not do Empty What Private Servers should not do

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:25 am

Through my experience with Private Servers, I think there should be a comprehensive list of things that should not be done. You can take advantage of what I have listed here as a way to better LlamaMS or you can simply ignore it, but that's up to you.

1. First and foremost, do not allow corrupt Game Masters. I've seen Game Masters ban people and jail them "just because they can." An example is one GM who jailed some people KSing a Boss Channel and he said that he would simply leave them in jail over night because he was logging off and they could come out whenever he decided to log on.

2. Do not sell items for only one meso or a ridiculously high amount like two billion, because that will completely throw off the entire economy of the Private Server if you have normal items like Face Stompers, Stormcaster Gloves, and even the colored bandanas going for like two billion mesos. If you're going to have items being sold, I can suggest having an NPC that sells all items for all classes that do not get sold in stores, which I think starts at 50 and continues on to the highest levels.

3. I think I recall NX items being for sale in the old FizzyMS, but I think you should just let NX be purchasable instead of keeping them in a store, since that's really just a wasted effort having all the NX items for sale when you can get them easily enough from the Cash Shop. That's a waste of space and data and all that other crap that could be used for more important things.

4. Make sure the NPCs work properly. In one server the NPCs would randomly disappear and just stay that way. Example, the World Tour Guide Spinel was in the FM in one PS and I would CC only to find that she had simply vanished from sight and would not come back unless I logged out.

5. For the love of god, do not make a Boss Summoning NPC. In one of the PS I played, there was a Boss Summoning NPC in FM Rooms 3-6 that would allow you to summon bosses like Anego, Papulatus and Pianus. Not only does it make things way too easy to level up, it's risky for some people because there are the assclowns who would come into my room and summon an Anego on me just to watch me die.

6. Submitted by xXMatsukiXx about a Private Server that charges you two billion mesos in order to make a Rebirth. Who in the hell would even come up with something like that? You can't just stumble upon two billion mesos. That takes an ungodly time to amass and trust me, I know. Do not do this or it will seriously make your players unhappy. Credit goes to xXMatsukiXx for providing me with this information.

That's about all the suggestions I have for now. If there's more that I remember, I will update this post here.

Last edited by Hasshoudou on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Justyna
    Justyna
    Donator
    Donator

Female
    Number of posts : 1561
    Job/hobbies : umm... i like to draw?? o.o\
    FFT Points : 1460
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

What Private Servers should not do Empty Re: What Private Servers should not do

Post by Justyna Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:28 am

Wow. I really like those. Meaning I wouldn't want it to happen in a ps i play. Good thinking What Private Servers should not do 758730

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:43 am

Seriously.
    I seriously agree with him
    Justyna
    Justyna
    Donator
    Donator

Female
    Number of posts : 1561
    Job/hobbies : umm... i like to draw?? o.o\
    FFT Points : 1460

Post by Justyna Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:02 am

yah Me too.
    WenJie
    WenJie

Male
    Number of posts : 57
    FFT Points : 50
    Registration date : 2008-12-08

Post by WenJie Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:55 am

I totally agreed with you What Private Servers should not do 36801 And have decent rates please
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:56 am

The rates I think have been mentioned and provided before for LlamaMS. I updated another item to the list as number six.
    Artist
    Artist
    Banned

Male
    Number of posts : 335
    Job/hobbies : Anime, mmo\\\'s.
    Humor : Dane Cook?
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Artist Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am

No, nx was never available by store, you get nx from the gold slimes and events. No nx available makes people want events. Events = popularity, popularity = more players, more players = bigger economy. (:
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:28 am

I could have sworn there was a NPC that sold some minor NX items. Are you sure that wasn't us back when we were Fizzy?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:30 am

It wasnt.
    Just slimes.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 am

Hm, I must have mistaken it for another Server I played on. Oh well, whatever. In any case, what Artist said is probably a much better idea. Although if you do too many Events, then people will get needy and to the point that they need Events on a regular basis or they'll start to lose faith in the GMs.
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post by Snorki Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:36 am

Ya. True.

I liked it when people got NX from events. What Private Servers should not do 427289 Didn't you?
    Yuushi
    Yuushi

Male
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by Yuushi Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 am

Events are nice and all, but on some private MS servers I have played, the GMs would spam events like there was no tomorrow and it would ruin the gameplay for every user on the server because of lag. D: And uh.. one server would have slimes drop loads of NX items. Didn't really like that, found it a bit unfair to people who had saved up and worked to get enough mesos(there was an NPC that sold NX, 10k NX for 10mil, 25k for 25mil.. love fairy I think?) to get NX.

So yeah, controlled events? What Private Servers should not do 427289 One server I played would get some people to meet the GM somewhere, those who showed up would do a sort of race to collect a bunch of basic item drops, 1st to bring back the requested amount would get 1st place, 2nd... etc. And everyone else who participated got 100mil mesos for participating. :3

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:53 am

I liked it.
    What Private Servers should not do 427289
    I liked FTB.
    Yuushi.
    If you gave 100 mil to each participant.
    Then.
    --;
    100000000000000000000000 mesarz later
    IM DONE
    Yuushi
    Yuushi

Male
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-12-13

Post by Yuushi Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:09 am

JohnPwnsJ00 wrote:I liked it.
    I liked FTB.
    Yuushi.
    If you gave 100 mil to each participant.
    Then.
    --;
    100000000000000000000000 mesarz later
    IM DONE
    I didn't, GM did. o.o But that server.. everything cost a lot. What Private Servers should not do 75492 But a reward for the people who didn't win, but at least participated is nice. ^^;
    Jonny!
    Jonny!

Number of posts : 78
    Job/hobbies : Prostitution~
    Humor : Fat people

Post by Jonny! Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:15 am

Lol snorki remember your nx system "silver gach tickets" now THAT pissed me off.

But in my opinion the fizzy economy messed up once but was overall perfect, Unless someone like me goes throwing money or nx around.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3

Post by Brad Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:27 am

Well, you see. Low Meso rates + REASONABLE equip items, Plus NX Trading and selling all make the best of a economy.

I've learned what to do and what not to do to run a successful economy in-game and I can benefit from Fizzy. The only way you will be able to purchase NX Cash, or Maple Points is through donating. That way, NX is randomly dispersed, so you look forward to each and every slime you get.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:31 am

Lulz.
    Hows the server going?
    That is true brad.
    Jonny!
    Jonny!

Post by Jonny! Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:37 am

Are you ready to announce the gms?

Last edited by Jonny! on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:42 am

Wait.
    Wait.
    Calm yo ass down nigga
    Let the man take his time.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3

Post by Brad Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:53 am

I swear. If I see anyone whine about GMs again, I'll delay it another night.

DO NOT FUCKING ASK. I WILL GET IT DONE WHEN I GET IT DONE.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Anyhow
    I agree with Hasshaodou.
    Very important.
    IMO
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:31 pm

I like how you shut up when Brad threatened to postpone everything. Stop spamming this thread any further about other crap, John.

I think you should only reward those who won for controlled events, because that's too many people to supply prizes for. Also, if you have an event that invites a lot of people, you had better be prepared to do crowd control and deal with stupid people that don't know how to listen.
    Jonny!
    Jonny!

Post by Jonny! Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:28 pm

That wouldnt work, There where approximately 3-4 events each day in fizzy (And NO i didnt do all of them) but decreasing events would make alot of people get bored and leave the server,
    So i partially agree with hasshoudou.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content