Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

+4
Dancing Mad
AURON
HermitDash
Snorki
8 posters

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS)

Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS) Empty Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS)

Post by Snorki Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:47 am

Anybody have this game for the DS, and/or played it before? I have a DS, but my parents won't let me buy any games. =\Is it worth getting?
    HermitDash
    HermitDash
    Graphics Designer
    Graphics Designer

Male
    Number of posts : 855
    Job/hobbies : C++
    Humor : Anythingg~
    FFT Points : 735
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS) Empty Re: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS)

Post by HermitDash Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:19 am

Dont Buy your Games Buy the DS Thingy then DOWNLOAD the games and play~!
    AURON
    AURON

Male
    Number of posts : 66
    Job/hobbies : Stuff
    Humor : I hate you all I hope you die
    FFT Points : 20
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS) Empty Re: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS)

Post by AURON Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:04 am

Chain of memories is a GBA game and i would say wait till december and get the PS2 version
    Dancing Mad
    Dancing Mad

Male
    Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Dancing Mad Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:46 am

This game was absolutely fucking AWFUL. Stay far, far away.
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by Demon_Skeith Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:38 am

the game it self was great expect that damn battle system sucked! I wish the PS2 version was coming out with the regular battle system.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male
    Number of posts : 441
    Job/hobbies : Writer Extraordinaire
    Humor : Too what? Too what? Your spoon's too what?
    FFT Points : 9001
    Rep : 4
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:48 am

I don't know what people's deal is with this game. I liked the battle system, as it was something different from conventional Kingdom Hearts game play and needed a bit more strategy (it becomes apparent in the Re: Chain of Memories version) and the storyline offered up a bit more in depth information on a lot of stuff as well as opening up new doors.
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male

Post by Demon_Skeith Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:18 am

Hasshoudou wrote:I don't know what people's deal is with this game. I liked the battle system, as it was something different from conventional Kingdom Hearts game play and needed a bit more strategy (it becomes apparent in the Re: Chain of Memories version) and the storyline offered up a bit more in depth information on a lot of stuff as well as opening up new doors.

I love the storyline but I hate the battle system.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:35 am

Why? I want to know why everyone hates the battle system. They say they hate it, but never offer up any reason for it.
    AURON
    AURON

Male
    Number of posts : 66
    Job/hobbies : Stuff
    Humor : I hate you all I hope you die
    FFT Points : 20
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by AURON Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:46 am

Hasshoudou wrote:Why? I want to know why everyone hates the battle system. They say they hate it, but never offer up any reason for it.
    i dont mind the battle system but wa i hate is the use of cards to fight
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male

Post by Demon_Skeith Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:12 am

AURON wrote:
    Hasshoudou wrote:Why? I want to know why everyone hates the battle system. They say they hate it, but never offer up any reason for it.
    i dont mind the battle system but wa i hate is the use of cards to fight

thats the whole reason right there. the battle system was turned into from something that depending on how you fight you win into something that is up to luck. I really don't want to fight a battle that is up to luck.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:43 am

Up to luck? Are you serious? Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS) 681348 The cards aren't luck at all. If you know what the hell you're doing, you can form a strategy with the cards. 0 Cards always go at the top for me to break Sleights from the enemies, and then it goes from 9 and down to the lower cards. Cures always go at the end so I can shift past the reload button to heal myself when necessary.

There's nothing about luck in Chain of Memories, because you don't just draw random shit at all. The Moogle shops are random yes, but that's the only thing about it. The battle system has nothing to do with luck, but skill with how you build your deck and the knowledge of knowing how to actually use it.
    Artist
    Artist
    Banned

Male
    Number of posts : 335
    Job/hobbies : Anime, mmo\\\'s.
    Humor : Dane Cook?
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by Artist Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:16 am

I always got bored in the Night Before Christmas place and stopped playing.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:32 am

You should try playing Re: Chain of Memories. The updated graphics make things a whole hell of a lot more interesting and the fact that all the characters have voices give them more life.
    Artist
    Artist
    Banned

Male

Post by Artist Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:50 am

What's Re: Chain of Mem? Is it still for the DS?
    Dancing Mad
    Dancing Mad

Male
    Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

Post by Dancing Mad Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:25 am

It was for the GBA, and Re: is for the PS2.

I'm honestly surprised America is seeing it. We never get these sort of things.
    Artist
    Artist
    Banned

Male

Post by Artist Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:27 am

Orly? I shall check this out.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Chain of Memories is remastered in PS2 graphics with Japanese seiyuu and a few new battles, though they only exist in Riku's play through, I do believe. The Japanese version is a lot better and it comes with Final Mix+, so it's a must have if you do plan on getting it. The American release is inferior to it, in my opinion.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Brad Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:09 am

I keep hearing about this Final Mix+ What is it?
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:28 am

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ is basically Kingdom Hearts II in Japanese with additional scenes added that reveal things about Roxas and the Organization XIII that weren't included in the original English version and there's a special scene in particular showing Xemnas going to some special room hidden beneath Radiant Garden that shows him sitting in a throne and talking to some disembodied suit of armor.

It also adds new boss fights against the Absent Silhouette, which are the shadow versions of Marluxia, Zexion, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Larxene in the final forms they died in during the events of Chain of Memories. In Radiant Garden, there's a new map called the Cavern of Remembrance that has Level 99 Heartless and Nobodies and in the final room are thirteen portals that let you fight the Level 99 versions of all the Organization XIII members (including Roxas.) In The World That Never Was, you fight Roxas after the cutscene of him appearing in the Memories' Skyscraper.

The last thing they added was an extended ending of the three armored Knights fighting a bald old man with yellow eyes and a Keyblade wearing the same outfit that Xehanort's Heartless (Ansem) wore in Kingdom Hearts I and you fight the armored Knight in the middle, named Terra, in the same canyon where the Secret Ending took place.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Brad Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Wow. Not a WORD of that meant anything to me. I only played up to the giant fatty in the town square of KH1 and never touched KH2.

I should probably go get those, but I is broke. Hmm, Ima need to see if I can pick up a copy of action replay and just hack my PS2. All it does is collect dust anyways.
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male

Post by Demon_Skeith Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:51 am

Hasshoudou wrote:Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ is basically Kingdom Hearts II in Japanese with additional scenes added that reveal things about Roxas and the Organization XIII that weren't included in the original English version and there's a special scene in particular showing Xemnas going to some special room hidden beneath Radiant Garden that shows him sitting in a throne and talking to some disembodied suit of armor.

It also adds new boss fights against the Absent Silhouette, which are the shadow versions of Marluxia, Zexion, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Larxene in the final forms they died in during the events of Chain of Memories. In Radiant Garden, there's a new map called the Cavern of Remembrance that has Level 99 Heartless and Nobodies and in the final room are thirteen portals that let you fight the Level 99 versions of all the Organization XIII members (including Roxas.) In The World That Never Was, you fight Roxas after the cutscene of him appearing in the Memories' Skyscraper.

The last thing they added was an extended ending of the three armored Knights fighting a bald old man with yellow eyes and a Keyblade wearing the same outfit that Xehanort's Heartless (Ansem) wore in Kingdom Hearts I and you fight the armored Knight in the middle, named Terra, in the same canyon where the Secret Ending took place.

why didn't they bring the Final mixs to the USA Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories(DS) 412243
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Post by Snorki Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 am

Too busy with FFXIII and FFXIII Versus. Also probably KHIII
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 am

Because the Japanese people hate us, that's why. They didn't bring either of the Final Mix's to the US because it's a better way for Square Enix to make money with people importing shit from Japan.

It prints money.
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male

Post by Demon_Skeith Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:51 am

Hasshoudou wrote:Because the Japanese people hate us, that's why. They didn't bring either of the Final Mix's to the US because it's a better way for Square Enix to make money with people importing shit from Japan.

It prints money.

QFT! I couldn't say it any better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 pm