Final Fantasy Talk

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Talk where you can talk about everything related to Square-Enix, Graphics, or just talking and getting to know new people.

+4
AURON
madmanmike
HermitDash
Snorki
8 posters

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Snorki
    Snorki

Male
    Number of posts : 2777
    Job/hobbies : this and PS3
    Humor : LOL!!! no.
    FFT Points : 1337
    Rep : 1
    Registration date : 2008-09-16

Final Fantasy Dissidia Empty Final Fantasy Dissidia

Post by Snorki Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 am

A cool new game for the PSP. Here is some more info on it.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (ディシディア ファイナルファンタジー, Dishidia Fainaru Fantajī?) is an action game currently in development by Square Enix for the PlayStation Portable as part of the campaign of the Final Fantasy series 20th anniversary. Information on the game was first released during the "Square Enix Party" event of May 2007. It is unknown if the game will be released outside of Japan, although the trademark Dissidia was registered by Square Enix in North America on April 6, 2007. The game features characters from different Final Fantasy games participating in one-on-one battles.[3]
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Gameplay
    * 2 Characters
    * 3 Development
    * 4 Notes
    * 5 References
    * 6 External links

Gameplay

Warrior of Light battling Garland.
    Warrior of Light battling Garland.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy's genre has been described as "dramatic progressive action" and its graphics will be in three dimensions. It will have wireless one-on-one game play and fights revolving around the use of individual special skill sets of characters to do damage to opponents. Players can also customize their characters with equipment.[4]

Characters movement is navigable within the three-dimensional field map. Characters are able to perform special maneuvers using the environment, similar to the Reaction Command gameplay element of Kingdom Hearts II. Traps are scattered around each of the stages that decrease the Brave points of the character who activated them.

The overall objective of the game is to reduce the opponent’s HP to zero. This is done by attacking them using either of two attack types; the single-hit HP attack and combo-able assist attack; using the square or circle buttons on the PlayStation game controller respectively. HP attacks drain the opponent's HP while assist attack drains his Brave while increasing their own. Brave is the stat that determines each character's attack power. A character whose Brave points have been depleted can enter something called "Break mode", giving them a method of attack despite having no Brave points.

Another element known as EX Mode enables a character to inflict massive damage to an opponent. Each character has an EX gauge that increases by obtaining an item known as EX force that appears in each stage. A player enters the EX mode by pressing square and X on the gamepad when the EX gauge is filled. Performing a combo during EX mode allows a character to unleash an unavoidable special move called an "EX Burst", similar to the limit break in the Final Fantasy series.

There are several tactics the player should be aware of in battle. Moving around and jumping is essential. Some characters even have triple jumps. The characters have a different set of attacking methods: HP attacks and Assist attacks without pressing a direction, HP attacks and Assist attacks while pressing a direction, HP attacks and Assist attacks in the air and so on. These attacks are significantly different from each other as some attacks are short range while some are long range, some are fast to initiate, while some are slow. The R button is guard and pressing X with R is a quick dodge. Certain characters can dual-wield by pressing the R button and the triangle at the same time. [5]

Characters

The announced cast of the game as of June 27, 2008, as revealed in the official website.
    The announced cast of the game as of June 27, 2008, as revealed in the official website.

The game will unite both protagonists and antagonists from installments of the main Final Fantasy series. Chaos will also make an appearance as the god of darkness, while a new character, Cosmos, will appear as the goddess of light. It is unknown, however, if these two will be playable or not. Recent articles released in Japanese magazines have stated that the game will have a storyline that requires playing through all of the characters to complete. There will be a minimum of twenty playable characters, and hidden characters are a possibility. Characters can gain customizable equipment, and will also be able to earn experience, levels and gil.[6]. Characters will have alternate costumes, including Squall's SeeD uniform, Firion's red caped costume from one of his drawings by Amano, and a slight design change for the Onion Knight that makes him resemble Luneth from Final Fantasy III DS.[7]

Some of the characters are confirmed to have different forms in their EX modes, as well. Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy can transform into his upgraded class form (as bestowed by Bahamut in the game). Onion Knight from Final Fantasy III can transform into a Ninja or a Sage, the most powerful job classes from the NES version of the game, and Cloud of Darkness also in her original green form with her two serpent minions.[8] Additionally, Cecil from Final Fantasy IV switches between his Paladin and Dark Knight jobs.[9] Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII can fuse together with the Guardian Force Griever, as she did in the game's final battle.[10] Zidane and Kuja from Final Fantasy IX are shown in their Trance forms.[11]
    Title Hero Villain
    Final Fantasy Warrior of Light[12][nb 1] Garland[12]
    Final Fantasy II Firion[13][nb 2] Emperor[13][nb 3]
    Final Fantasy III Onion Knight[14] Cloud of Darkness[14]
    Final Fantasy IV Cecil Harvey[15] Golbez[16][nb 4]
    Final Fantasy V Exdeath[16][nb 5]
    Final Fantasy VI Kefka Palazzo[17][nb 6]
    Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth[17]
    Final Fantasy VIII Squall Leonhart[13] Ultimecia[13]
    Final Fantasy IX Zidane Tribal[12] Kuja[12]
    Final Fantasy X Tidus[18] Jecht[18]

Development

On April 6, 2007, Square Enix filed for United States trademark registration of "DISSIDIA"; the mark's relation to Final Fantasy was omitted.[3] Some sites speculated this was an edition of Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII.[19][20] The title was connected with Final Fantasy when Square Enix introduced Dissidia: Final Fantasy on May 8, 2007 with an official Japanese website. The game is being directed by Yousuke Shiokawa and will feature music by Takeharu Ishimoto. Takeshi Nozue will be the movie director. [21]

Tetsuya Nomura is responsible for the character designs, who will retain much of the look and style of Yoshitaka Amano's illustrations.[22][23] Nomura comments to the Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu that Tidus is designed to look younger than he was in Final Fantasy X to "match the design touch of the rest of the Dissidia" cast.[24] Cecil and Golbez have also gone under a redesign, though whether Dissidia will take place before or after the events of Final Fantasy IV has yet to be revealed.[25]

Jecht was chosen instead of Seymour to be the villain of FFX because developers stated that the characters needed to have a storyline relation, and putting Seymour in it would make the FFX character Yuna necessary also.[6]

Dissidia: Final Fantasy will contain double the dialogue that Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII had. It will also feature voice acting.[6]

Notes

1. ^ Known as Light Warrior in early English versions of Final Fantasy.
    2. ^ Known as Frioniel in the Japanese version of Final Fantasy II.
    3. ^ Full name: Mateus Palamecia, as stated in the Final Fantasy II novelization.
    4. ^ Known as Golbeza in the Japanese version of Final Fantasy IV.
    5. ^ Exdeath appears at the end of the game's trailer shown at Square Enix's DKΣ3713 Private Party 2008 on August 2, 2008.
    6. ^ Known as Cefca Palazzo in the Japanese version of Final Fantasy VI

I wish I had a fucking PSP. ._.

Final Fantasy Dissidia Final-fantasy-dissidia-200709200355
    Final Fantasy Dissidia 4q6vqlz

Last edited by Cloud on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    HermitDash
    HermitDash
    Graphics Designer
    Graphics Designer

Male
    Number of posts : 855
    Job/hobbies : C++
    Humor : Anythingg~
    FFT Points : 735
    Registration date : 2008-09-17

Final Fantasy Dissidia Empty Re: Final Fantasy Dissidia

Post by HermitDash Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 am

One I have a PSP Two Im getting it and Three Ill post Screen Shots~
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male

Post by Snorki Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:25 am

Done. =) Anybody have any thoughts or ideas about this game? Please share. Final Fantasy Dissidia 427289
    madmanmike
    madmanmike

Number of posts : 43
    FFT Points : 32
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by madmanmike Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:17 am

nice review, i really like this game and the style they used. this well definetely be a very successful game
    HermitDash
    HermitDash
    Graphics Designer
    Graphics Designer

Male

Post by HermitDash Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am

3-D Multiplayer
    Upgradable Stats Nice GFX
    Versus Mode.~!

ENUF SAID.
    AURON
    AURON

Male
    Number of posts : 66
    Job/hobbies : Stuff
    Humor : I hate you all I hope you die
    FFT Points : 20
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by AURON Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:17 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male

Post by Snorki Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Lol what's wrong Auron?
    AURON
    AURON

Male

Post by AURON Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm

im insane btw Cloud VII Tina Branford VI and i couldnt read V's name http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia/
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male
    Number of posts : 441
    Job/hobbies : Writer Extraordinaire
    Humor : Too what? Too what? Your spoon's too what?
    FFT Points : 9001
    Rep : 4
    Registration date : 2008-10-30

Post by Hasshoudou Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm not quite sure what the storyline is going to be like, but I can't wait for this game to come out on PSP. I'm going to import it from Japan as soon as it comes out and damned if my PSP is region coded. I'll buy a Japanese PSP for that very purpose.
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male

Post by Snorki Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Wow, you're really serious about getting it aren't you? Haha
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm a serious gamer. I bought a Japanese Playstation 2 to get my hands on Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+.
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male

Post by Snorki Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Worth it?
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 am

Absolutely worth it. I played it for days straight upon first getting it. It came with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. Final Mix+ included a Theater with every cutscene (once unlocked by viewing them in game) as well as all the scenes from Re: Chain of Memories and the new cutscenes they showed in Final Mix+ only.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Brad Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:12 am

I'm considering hacking my Ps2 and playing all those games I missed out on. I still, to this day, have yet to play though Kingdom Hearts 2. Blasphemy, I know.

Jecht Vs Sepiroth FTW!
    HermitDash
    HermitDash
    Graphics Designer
    Graphics Designer

Male

Post by HermitDash Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 am

Hasshoudou wrote:I'm not quite sure what the storyline is going to be like, but I can't wait for this game to come out on PSP. I'm going to import it from Japan as soon as it comes out and damned if my PSP is region coded. I'll buy a Japanese PSP for that very purpose.

Okay First of All Why Buy a Jap PSP When you have Free Community's that Offer PSP ISO's for Games that they release?

2nd Of All Go Hack your PSP Before you miss out and Spend all that Money for No reason.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:32 am

Mori, I don't think you're aware just how much money I have to spend. Doing something like that is practically spending pocket change. Final Fantasy Dissidia 681348

I don't even know how to do all of that crap, nor do I know what the hell a free community that offers PSP's ISO (or even what that stands for) or how to hack my PSP. The last time I tried to make any modifications to a Playstation system (trying to mod my PS2 to play burnt games), it broke it and now it sits in my closet collecting dust for that very reason.

Besides, I tested my PSP to see if it's region coded since I made my posts here, and it's not. :] Neither is my Nintendo DS, so Japanese game action for me.
    Demon_Skeith
    Demon_Skeith

Male
    Number of posts : 65
    Registration date : 2008-12-12

Post by Demon_Skeith Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:54 am

this game should be epic, though I would love to kick the person who deiced to put it on the PSP.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 am

There is nothing wrong with the PSP when it runs on an engine used for Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. The PSP is utter shit, but it's more the engine that makes the game, not the system.
    Brad
    Brad
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 687
    FFT Points : El1t3 1337
    Rep : -3
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Brad Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 pm

The PSP Is anything but Utter shit.

Its lightyears better than the DS. The DS (Not unlike the Wii) Is nothing but a gimmick. Albeit, a quite successful gimmick, but nonetheless a gimmick. I own both systems, and I use my PSP to this day. My DS Is collecting dust in a drawer. My PSP Is sitting next to my computer in a dock.

The engine's capabilities are tailored the the limits of the system. Its all relative.
    Hasshoudou
    Hasshoudou

Male

Post by Hasshoudou Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm

It's the exact opposite for me. Not too many of the games for the PSP jumped out at me, and I have like...two or three games for it that I can even recall keeping and playing regularly, one of them being Crisis Core, but other than that, my DS gets used more than it, so much so that I fucked it up and had to buy a new one because it would freeze my games at random times...possibly due to the amount of abuse it suffered during my play through of The World Ends With You or the Japanese Chain of Memories.
    AURON
    AURON

Male

Post by AURON Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:00 am

for me the pspis just horrible not many games that i would enjoy but the ds keeps me entertainied and has more games i want to play
    ArtistT.T

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by ArtistT.T Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:45 am

What?
    Snorki
    Snorki

Male